Why choose us
In addition to providing a lovely, homely atmosphere for our residents, we also offer many other amenities and activities.
The aim of the management and staff is to give attention to detail where residents can choose how they live their life. The philosophy of the home is to offer highly professional care with a personal touch in a secure, relaxed and homely environment.
1. Our Beautiful Home
Wythall residential home is a converted detached house with an extension built at the rear of the garden; all bedrooms, main lounge; dining area and other communal area are all on the ground level and is wheelchair accessible. The rear garden is very spacious and has a lovely fountain, lots of plants and flowers. There is plenty of seating with a barbecue easily accessible to all residents and also wheelchair friendly.
We have 18 single rooms, 9 of which have en-suites and we also have two double rooms. The rooms are all decorated in a way that is homely and comfortable, yet also allowing residents to make it their own.
The philosophy at Wythall residential home is we offer a professional, caring environment at all times to ensure care and dignity is upheld.
Wythall has a home-from-home feel, where all residents are comfortable, safe and cared for. We offer accommodation for 22 residents; we cater to all different needs from residents – ranging from dementia care to, physical or mental health needs. The staff work hard to ensure that the residents are treated equally and that all choices are adhered to while maintaining each resident’s independence.
The residents have a choice of activities to join in with; there are singers, exercise classes, walks to the local shop, outings to centres and many more exciting events on offer.
The care staff have regular training to ensure they are adequately trained to provide the very best care available – with all staff are required to undertake the National Vocational Qualification (level II) (level III)
2. Individual Personal Care
- After your initial assessment, senior staff discuss with you your needs and preferences.
- This information will be used to create your plan of care, which is regularly reassessed to make sure that your needs are being met and you’re receiving the best possible care and attention.
3. Community Involvement and Activities
- We go to great lengths to provide exciting and mentally-stimulating activities for our residents on a regular basis. We organise a variety of day trips as well as other events around the community.
- We also cater to all cultural & religious beliefs and are happy to take residents to services in the local community.
- We feel that it’s essential to make sure that residents are mentally stimulated and have things to look forward to.